The USAID Jalin Project
Scope of Work
ICT for Referrals Manager
The USAID Jalin Project (hereafter referred to as "Jalin" or the "Project") is a five-year initiative implemented by DAI Global, LLC and its consortium of partners – IntraHealth, Vital Strategies, and Market Share Associates. USAID/Indonesia's Jalin Project will support the Ministry of Health (MOH) to achieve an accelerated reduction in maternal and newborn deaths – a priority recently reconfirmed by the President of Indonesia. The maternal and newborn mortality rates are among the highest in the region; are far above Indonesia's Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) targets; and have stagnated in recent years. The overarching problem that Jalin strives to resolve is that the quality of care accessible to mothers and newborns is uneven across the country in both public and private facilities and at both primary and secondary levels of care.
In June 2019, USAID issued a Request for Proposal to modify the USAID Jalin Project's total estimated cost and scope of work. This request resulted in shifts to Jalin's technical approach, focused on working towards two results: 1) Improved maternal and newborn health (MNH) quality of care in public and private, and primary and secondary facilities, at scale; and 2) Improved efficiency and effectiveness of the emergency referral system at community and facility levels, at scale.
Jalin's revised Theory of Change is as follows: if we strengthen both the use of evidence and reporting and accountability systems to inform targeted 'whole-of-market' responses relating to maternal and newborn deaths, AND IF in particular, we strengthen public and private facilities to provide high quality MNH services including identifying and treating obstetric and newborn complications, THEN the emergency referral systems and the quality of care for mothers and newborns will improve and the number of deaths will drop.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ICT for Referrals Manager is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and reports directly to the Portfolio Manager, or the COP in their absence. His/ her role is to manage one of USAID Jalin's five Intermediate Result areas (namely Intermediate Result 4). The desired result for Intermediate Results 4 is: "Integrated ICT referral platform scaled" and is to be achieved through the following activity and output:
Activity: Developing and piloting an integrated and interoperable system using Information Communication Technology (ICT) and building on existing initiatives to strengthen maternal and newborn referral system approach in Jalin provinces.
Output: Integrated ICT platforms piloted through adaptation of existing systems
Specific responsibilities of the ICT for Referrals Manager include, but are not limited to:
· Manage a company contracted to conduct a rapid review of current ICT platforms/ applications for referrals. Ensure quality and timely deliverables, one of which will be a detailed implementation plan for piloting the preferred strategic option in up to 65 GOI priority districts in Jalin Provinces.
· Oversee the implementation of the pilot. This may be implemented through Jalin's provincial teams or an external company. If the latter then the ICT for Referrals Manager will need to oversee and effectively manage the contractor.
· Ensure the integrated ICT platform forms part of the formal referral agreements developed under Intermediate Result 5 (Improved referral networks scaled).
· Oversee an evaluation of the pilot, dissemination of results and the development of a scale up plan (if deemed appropriate). This will be evaluated along with the formal referral agreements piloted as part of IR 5 (IR 5.1.3). The Manager will need to work closely with the Manager: Strengthening Emergency Referral Networks for MNH (IR 5).
· Oversee the transition to local stakeholders of a Jalin local solution in East Java titled 'Optimizing SiCantik'. This will include ensuring that all results and lessons are documented and disseminated with appropriate stakeholders.
· Lead the planning, implementation and reporting of assigned activities as part of IR 4 in accordance with the approved workplan
· Working collaboratively, especially with respective Technical Leads, provide appropriate technical guidance to Jalin, the MOH, and implementing partners, and communicate within and across the portfolio teams to share and receive lessons learned
· Lead in relationship management and collaboration with external stakeholders and organizations
· Participate at national and international meetings and conferences as required to represent Jalin and/or assigned activities
· Support the recruitment and selection process for short-term consultants, subcontractors, grantees or other service providers to support assigned portfolio
· Conduct monitoring visits to ensure the successful implementation of activities and coordinate with the MELA team to document progress towards milestones
· Author weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (to MOH, USAID etc) for assigned portfolio
· Coordinate with others in the technical team to produce project success stories, lessons learned, fact sheets, or other project communications projects as assigned
· If required, represents the project at a variety of national and international health and development fora, as requested.
· Other duties as assigned that are consistent with the overall focus of the project.
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
· At least five years expereince related to ICT and/ or referrals.
· At least five years experience in a related management position.
· Experience working with international development projects, preferable.
· Experience working for USAID directly or indirectly, preferable.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English required.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV on by 26 June 2020 at 05.00 PM Jakarta Time to firstname.lastname@example.org with ICT for Referrals Manager in the subject line and specify the availability date in the CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Posted by: Rieni Handayani <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Untuk memperluas jangkauan iklan lowongan kerja anda, bergabunglah dalam milis Job-Vacancy@yahoogroups.com