The USAID Jalin Project
Scope of Work
The USAID Jalin Project (hereafter referred to as "Jalin" or the "Project") is a five-year initiative implemented by DAI Global, LLC and its consortium of partners – IntraHealth, Vital Strategies, and Market Share Associates. USAID/Indonesia's Jalin Project will support the Ministry of Health (MOH) to achieve an accelerated reduction in maternal and newborn deaths – a priority recently reconfirmed by the President of Indonesia. The maternal and newborn mortality rates are among the highest in the region; are far above Indonesia's Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) targets; and have stagnated in recent years. The overarching problem that Jalin strives to resolve is that the quality of care accessible to mothers and newborns is uneven across the country in both public and private facilities and at both primary and secondary levels of care.
In June 2019, USAID issued a Request for Proposal to modify the USAID Jalin Project's total estimated cost and scope of work. This request resulted in shifts to Jalin's technical approach, focused on working towards two results: 1) Improved maternal and newborn health (MNH) quality of care in public and private, and primary and secondary facilities, at scale; and 2) Improved efficiency and effectiveness of the emergency referral system at community and facility levels, at scale..
Jalin's revised Theory of Change is as follows: if we strengthen both the use of evidence and reporting and accountability systems to inform targeted 'whole-of-market' responses relating to maternal and newborn deaths, AND IF in particular, we strengthen public and private facilities to provide high quality MNH services including identifying and treating obstetric and newborn complications, THEN the emergency referral systems and the quality of care for mothers and newborns will improve and the number of deaths will drop.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and reports directly to the Portfolio Manager, or the COP in their absence. His/ her role is to manage components of one of USAID Jalin's five Intermediate Result areas (namely Intermediate Result 5). The desired result for Intermediate Results 5 is: "Improved Referrals Networks scaled" and is to be partilly achieved through the following activity and output:
Activity: Strengthening emergency referral networks by facilitating MOUs between facilities (especially public and private) in networks in the Jalin provinces.
Output: Piloting of better-defined networks with access improved
Specific responsibilities of the "Manager: Strengthening Emeregncy Referral Networks for MNH Manager" include, but are not limited to:
Oversee transition, documentation and learning related to local solution:
· Bring USAID Jalin's support to a local solution in West Java to a successful conclusion, ensuring that lessons are documented and disseminated and inform national replication. The local solution relates to the development of a local referral system between puplic and private hospitals (primary and secondary facilities) in Bogor City, Bogor District and Depok City.
· Support the West Java regional team to transition the local solution activities to local governments in W. Java..
Mapping public and private facilities in the MNH referral system:
· Drawing on the lessons from USAID Jalin's local solution (see above), coordinate the mapping of public and private facilities in terms of MNH services provided. The coverage will be in the MNH referral systems in USAID Jalin's 65 GOI priority districts.. The mapping will define the type of services available and the facility readiness to provide basic and comprehensive emergency obstetric and neonatal care. It will outline the service availability for each level of referral from community to primary care, and from primary to secondary care, and will draw on the MOH information system (SIMRS)
· Work with the MOH and partners to plan, implement and monitor the mapping of public and private MNH facilities
· Ensure findings from the mapping exercise are well documented and shared with MOH and other key stakeholders..
Developing formal agreements to provide MNH referral services between facilities:
· Based on the above, facilitate the development and implementation of formal agreements to provide MNH referral services between facilities in the local referral systems in USAID Jalin's 65 MNH priority districts. The agreements will cover the type and volume of services provided, the availability of specialist staff, the preferred referral pathways and alternatives in case of non-availability of required expertise, and the communication procedures. The agreements will also address any constraints that may exist in relation to relevant insurance schemes.
· Review existing formal agreements, to ensure they include all key elements.
· Oversee the development of supporting standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Ensure the integrated ICT platform developed under USAID Jalin's Intermediate Result 4 forms part of the formal agreements.
· Pilot formal agreements and supporting SOPs in priority MOH districts in Jalin provinces.
· Support the MOH to review the effectiveness of the formal agreements in the early stages of implementation to resolve any problems and adjust as required. This review will include an evaluation of the integrated and interoperable ICT platform (IR 4.1.3). The Manager will need to work closely with the ICT for Referrals Manager (IR 4).
· Present the finalized referral system procedures for endorsement by the MOH MNH Working Group at national level to facilitate national roll-out.
· Lead the planning, implementation and reporting of assigned activities as part of IR 5 in accordance with the approved workplan
· Working collaboratively, especially with respective Technical Leads, provide appropriate technical guidance to Jalin, the MOH, and implementing partners, and communicate within and across the portfolio teams to share and receive lessons learned
· Lead in relationship management and collaboration with external stakeholders and organizations
· Participate at national and international meetings and conferences as required to represent Jalin and/or assigned activities
· Support the recruitment and selection process for short-term consultants, subcontractors, grantees or other service providers to support assigned portfolio
· Conduct monitoring visits to ensure the successful implementation of activities and coordinate with the MELA team to document progress towards milestones
· Author weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (to MOH, USAID etc) for assigned portfolio
· Coordinate with others in the technical team to produce project success stories, lessons learned, fact sheets, or other project communications projects as assigned
· If required, represents the project at a variety of national and international health and development fora, as requested.
· Other duties as assigned that are consistent with the overall focus of the project.
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant field e.g. Public Health
· At least five years expereince related to MNH referrals.
· At least five years experience in a related management position.
· Experience working with international development projects, preferable.
· Experience working for USAID directly or indirectly, preferable.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English required.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV on by 26 June 2020 at 05.00 PM Jakarta Time to firstname.lastname@example.org with Emergency Referrals Strengthening Manager in the subject line and specify the availability date in the CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
 Banten, W. Java, C. Java, E, Java, S. Sulawesi, N. Sumatra
 USAID Jalin's Intermediate Result 4 states: Integrated ICT referral platform scaled. The Output is: Integrated ICT platforms piloted through adaptation of existing systems. The activity is: Integrated and interoperable system using Information Communication Technology (ICT) and building on existing initiatives to strengthen maternal and newborn referral system approach in Jalin provinces..
Posted by: Rieni Handayani <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Untuk memperluas jangkauan iklan lowongan kerja anda, bergabunglah dalam milis Job-Vacancy@yahoogroups.com