Fourth Access to Covid-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator Facilitation Council meeting
The fourth Facilitation Council of the ACT-Accelerator will take place virtually Tuesday, 9 February, 12:30–15:00 (CET), and will be live streamed here.
The Facilitation Council provides high-level political leadership and enabling advice to facilitate the work of the COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator, its global collaborative framework, and its partnerships to ensure the realization of the ACT Accelerator vision: the rapid development, scale-up and equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics, underpinned by relevant strengthening of health systems. The advice of the Council includes advocacy for collective approaches to solutions in the global interest and for the mobilization of additional resources as needed.
Primary Objectives of the 4th Facilitation Council meeting:
· Presentation of and deliberations on the ACT Accelerator’s ‘refreshed’ Prioritized and Integrated Strategy & Detailed Budget for 2021
· Discuss and provide advice to accelerate fair and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines
· Discuss how to translate political commitments into financing for the ACT Accelerator through an overall Financing Framework
· Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, WHO
· Pierre Delsaux, Deputy Director-General Health & Food Safety, EC
· Dr Zweli Mkhize, Minister of Health, South Africa
· Mr Dag-Inge Ulstein, Minister of International Development, Norway
Please note, this is for viewing only. There is no media Q&A at this meeting.
You are receiving this NO-REPLY email because you are included on a WHO mail list. If you have been forwarded this update you can click here to subscribe. Journalists may send feedback toWHO Media Team
World Health Organization, Avenue Appia 20, 1202 Geneva 27, Switzerland