Subject:Launch of the new One Health High-Level Expert Panel
The press conference follows the inaugural meeting of the One Health High-Level Panel, supported by the governments of France and Germany. The panel will assess health risks from the human-animal-environmental interface; advise WHO, FAO, OIE and UNEP on long term strategies to reducing risk of zoonotic pandemics; and identify research and data gaps.
Guests joining will be:
· Mr Jean-Yves Le Drian, Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, France.
· Mr Heiko Mass, Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs, Germany.
· Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization.
· Dr Qu Dongyu, Director-General, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
· Ms Inger Andersen, Executive Director, United Nations Environment Programme
· Dr Monique Eloit, Director-General, OIE – World Organisation for Animal Health.
Please ensure you enter your name and media outlet (use name/outlet). Kindly note, only questions from media (one per journalist) are allowed. When you sign in you will be automatically put in the meeting room.
WHO reserves the right to remove any participant whose behaviour causes any disruption. The event is also broadcast on WHO social media channels and you can follow it there.
To ask a question, please click "raise hand" and this will enter you into the queue for questions. (It can be found under the tab: participants.)
Please make sure you have a microphone connected or active on your computer. Do not ask questions via the chat as we cannot guarantee that we will can incorporate them into the q&a session.
For translation during the VPC, choices are under "interpretation" or "language interpretation" depending on which version of Zoom you use.
Note that due to the volume of questions, we are no longer able to take them from phone callers and interpretation is not available via telephone.
You are receiving this NO-REPLY email because you are included on a WHO mail list. If you have been forwarded this update you can click here to subscribe. Journalists may send feedback toWHO Media Team